Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why am I a MORMON?

Many people have asked me: Why are you a Mormon? Well that's a complicated question with many different answers that I could think of..I have MANY reasons why I am a Mormon!


 Why I think I stay being of the faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is because it makes me happy.

Truly Happy.



Not that happy that you get when you get a brand new phone, or when you just ate the yummiest dinner or when your sports team just won the big game..nope not that kind. That kind of happiness just leaves. It doesn't last very long..I'm talkin about joy. The joy that I feel day in and day out. The joy that's everlasting and real. 

"Men are that they might have joy," is found in 2 Nephi 2:25 in the Book of Mormon and I firmly believe that. We are here on earth to be happy! Being a Latter-Day Saint (Mormon) makes me happy : ) Really! If it didn't-I wouldn't be a Mormon!
The other easy answer is that I prayed. I asked God if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was His true and only church on the earth today..and He answered me. I felt His love, the Holy Ghost filled my soul, and I knew it was true. It's a feeling you can't describe..a feeling that is so amazing you know it could only come from God. I know it. But that's a story for another day.
I live everyday what I am taught in this church and it makes me happy..when I didn't it made me sad. Simple. I do what makes me happy!

This video is about people who know exactly what I'm talking about. Why not do what makes us 
TRULY happy?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog post! And, I agree with you. Living the gospel brings joy! God's "plan" for His children is a "plan" of happiness. You described it so well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, Sister Skroski! I love ya and am so proud of the work you are doing! XO

    ReplyDelete