Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Year: How to make it your best year yet!

Happy New Years!! It's time to shake off the last year..remember the good times..to grow from the bad and make this new coming year the best year yet!
There's a list of things I would like to work on for the coming year and I still haven't decided everything I'm going to focus on. But I know that it will be the best year ever! The best is always yet to come. Life always gets better and better..we are always growing and changing and evolving into something better..if we choose to.
Choose to make this year the best year of your life-it really is all up to you, no matter your circumstances. This video is about a boy that decided to change. He knew that he had to get rid of some old habits because they flat out weren't making him happy.
He was in a pretty bad place in his life-but now look at him! He is happy...he has true joy in his life! If you feel alone, if you feel like this life is too hard..turn to God. You can't make it without Him. There's a music artist who says in a song:
"You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell" 
I know he's right. We are not alone. We are never alone. I know that because I felt God's love for me when there was literally no one else there for me. I know it's true. If you doubt that-pray and ask God if He is there and if He loves you. You are worthy to talk to Him. 
"God doesn’t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go." -Elder Holland's talk The Best is Yet to Be
You can talk to God anytime, no matter what you've done-who you are. I know He loves you. 
Be the person you've always wanted to be or, maybe you were before but you got off track a little.

 "No matter have far you have gone done the wrong road-TURN BACK." -Turkish Proverb

You can be that person you want to be or better, who God wants you to be. There lies true happiness. 
So start off the new year right. It may be a hard transition or even scary but I know it will be worth it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment