Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happiness is a choice

I woke up this morning feeling like a train had run over me! I just went ugh noooo I do NOT want to feel like this the whole day. I got up and really just continued to mope about the house in a grumpy mood. Then I realized, you know what-if I don't want to feel like this the rest of the day.. I don't have to.
I know some days it's easier to do it than others but I really feel like our happiness is up to us. What we decide is the consequence of our happiness.
I talk about happiness a lot because for me if I'm not happy..I want to do whatever I can to be happy again. I do not like feeling sad or depressed or angry at all. Life is hard. Sometimes it's hard to be happy. But today I chose to be happy and honestly I've felt really good all day even though it didn't start off well.
Awhile back I read a scripture to my friend Hermana Robinson and last week she wrote me a letter and reminded me of it. It says: " For ye shall go out with ajoy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the btrees of the field shall clap their hands." (Isaiah 55:12)
That scripture just makes me happy! I decided to walk out today and envision that scripture and although cheesy and a lil odd it was cool because I just felt happy. Today I went out with joy and was lead in peace. I felt like around me the world was singing and dancing haha. I really don't have any specific reason other than I know who I am, I know why I'm here and I'm doing what God asks, and I decided today to be grateful for that.
I added this video because I chose today to be happy. I asked my Heavenly Father for His help, I read His advice for me (the scriptures) and it helped me start my day the right way. I know by choosing to serve Him today I felt His love for me and that means I felt happy : )
When I was in middle school my principal would say everyday: "Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours." Even though when I was that age I didn't agree with her, I know she was right. It is our choice everyday. We can choose to be happy. If you don't know how-ask me! I know what it feels like to be the saddest person in the world, but I also know what it also feels like to be the happiest person in the world.
It starts with ourselves. Ask yourself if you really are happy. Are you just complacent with being ok? I know true joy is just around the corner. Start with a simple prayer. Choose to follow Christ and that is choosing to have happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment